Thank you for visiting the University of North Carolina General Administration web site. The University of North Carolina encompasses 17 constituent institutions, each of which maintains a unique web site. Although links to UNC campuses and other helpful resources are available on this web site, this privacy statement applies only to the University of North Carolina General Administration. To learn about web site privacy statements for individual campuses, please visit the institution's web site.
Information Collected, Stored and Reviewed
Currently, the Office of the President utilizes computer hardware and software resources in the collection, storing and reviewing of the following information:
General Web Traffic to include:
- Internet domains and IP address from which a visitor accesses our web site.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our web site.
- Date and times of access to our site.
- Pages, files, directory structures visited per access.
- Referral domains (the web site address from which you received referrals or linked from).
Voluntarily-Provided User Information to include:
- Personal Contact Information necessary to reply to comments and requests for information.
- User-Identifying Information used to grant permission to use limited access content areas such as those for vendors and internal staff.
Web Site Security
The University of North Carolina General Administration web site utilizes computer system software programs to monitor network traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload, change and or otherwise cause damage. These attempts to cause damage could be subject to legal action based on North Carolina Statutes.
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically, and in the event of any such update the revised policy will be posted to the UNC - General Administration web site in a timely manner.